Owner/Guide – All Tours
His passion for the outdoors and genuine love for helping people is likely why his successful guide career stretches nearly 3 decades. Shawn often says that the southern Utah scenery never gets old and neither does the guiding business. Another of his guide beliefs is that “a great guide should know when to be quiet”. His passionate yelling and screaming is proof he’s not burned out after 30 years of guiding and enjoys watching his clients land fish just as much now as way back then. There’s always an itch to dust off the saltwater flies, but he’d rather chase his 7 children around because they bring the most joy to life.
Fremont River Guides has it’s 20 year anniversary in 2022!
Fun Facts about Shawn
- Once upon a time he was a golf professional and still loves to play
- Published two chapters in “25 Best National Parks to Fly Fish”
- Regular television appearances in several TV shows over the years
- The movie “A River Runs Through It” sparked his guide career
- Plans to write a book about guiding experiences in the future